Monday, September 30, 2013

Review: Drawn Together by Lauren Dane...4 out of 5 rating...


16075145
Beauty is more than skin-deep…

Tattoo artist Raven Smith is blunt and hard, broken and jaded, dark and beautiful. While she doesn’t hide her painful past, she does keep a wall around her heart. She’s free sexually—but no one gets to the real Raven beneath the prickly exterior.

With a voice like smoke, Jonah Warner is a smooth-talking, highly successful attorney, with a body that should never be hidden by a suit. He’s the kind of man who never takes no for an answer and always gets what he wants. And what he wants is Raven. She’s a survivor, and he finds that incredibly alluring.

Jonah gets under her skin in a way Raven has never experienced. He makes her break all her rules—including her no-monogamy rule.

But when a figure from Raven’s past shows up at the tattoo parlor and drops a bomb into her life, their relationship will face the ultimate challenge…
I am a HUGE fan of Lauren Dane and especially of this series ~ it is one of my favorites.  That being said….I have HATED Raven from the very beginning of the series ~ I thought she was a total bitch and I definitely didn’t want to see her with Jonah ~ who I have LOVED since he first appeared. I was so hoping for him to get his own book and was disappointed that his heroine would be Raven. So when I was chosen for an ARC of Drawn Together from Lauren Dane, I hesitated to read it knowing my feelings about Raven’s character.  Well….I have to admit that Lauren achieved the impossible because I liked Raven so much and I especially liked her for Jonah and him for her. I just loved them as a couple and the relationship that developed between them. They were pretty straight forward with their feelings for each other and what they wanted and didn’t play games.

Jonah was a great character and I definitely fell more in love with him in this book, especially after the way he defended Raven both during and after the benefit. So good!! That was one of my favorite parts of the book. He was so damn sexy!!  

I loved that Raven was independent and totally capable of handling herself and didn’t need a man to define her but she accepted Jonah’s need to take care of her. I also loved how easily she took care of him. The sex was downright HOT and kinky!!! Definitely had my Kindle sparking!! lol ;)

I loved being able to read about all my favorite characters from the series and I especially loved the part with Levi and Daisy towards the end. Loved reading more Brody ~ just love him!!

My only complaint is that there wasn’t an epilogue wrapping everyone up. I thought that this was the last book in the series but since the story ended the way it did, I am hoping that there is still more to come. I would love for Mal, Toby and Eli to get their own books.

Reading Drawn Together just makes me want to go back and start the series over again from the beginning.

4 out of 5 rating.

***ARC provided by Lauren Dane. Thanks so much!! :)  

        

  

No comments:

Post a Comment