Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day 20: 25 Days Of Holiday Romances: A Gift From Tiffany's by Melissa Hill...


A Gift from Tiffany's
In A Gift from Tiffany's by Melissa Hill, 
New York City at Christmas and a visit to Tiffany’s is a recipe to sweep a girl off her feet—unless fate has other plans... 
When Ethan Greene lost his wife to cancer, he never thought he would be able to replace her… until one woman stepped in and showed him how to be happy again.  Now, on a romantic Christmas trip to New York City, he has a plan to show Vanessa just how important she is to him, and maybe even give his daughter, Daisy, a complete family again. He’s going to propose with a perfect ring from Tiffany’s.Gary Knowles and his girlfriend Rachel are on the trip-of-a-lifetime in New York, at the most magical time of year. The only thing missing is Gary’s gift for Rachel. On a last-minute Christmas Eve visit to Tiffany’s, he quickly picks out a charm bracelet for her, and heads back to their hotel. But, in a moment, one small mistake changes everything.
Love this cover!! Wow.. there were so many twists and turns and lies in this story that I couldn't wait to read what happened next. I wasn't expecting that. I was fidgety through out most of the book waiting for the point when everything would be revealed. lol 

I genuinely felt bad for Rachel because not only was she deceived by the man she loved, but by her friends also. I honestly don't know how she forgave them~I'm not sure  I would have been able to. Oh...Ethan...he told so many lies that I don't know how he kept it all straight and every time he got close to getting the ring back something would happen to put it further out of his reach. lol  Then there was Gary...UGH...I didn't like him from the beginning and even in the end, I'm not sure that he was fully redeemed in my eyes. He was definitely a piece of work~he had me equal parts annoyed and laughing at the things he did. I cannot believe that he wasn't going to give the ring back~who does that!! lol  Wow...never saw the Vanessa thing coming~shocked!! I loved Daisy ~ she was so cute.         

I can almost understand why Ethan didn't tell Vanessa right away about the mix up. But if it was me and I lost something that cost over $20,000.00~I would have been out of my mind and I wouldn't have cared what condition Gary was in~I would have told Rachel the truth. lol :)     

In the end, a whole lot of hurt, misunderstandings, time, money and frustration could have been avoided if everyone would have come clean and told the truth. I liked the ending but wished it was a little further into the future to be able to see how the relationships had progressed. I also wish that it hadn't taken so long for the truth to finally come out. But then the book wouldn't have been half as good as it was!!  

An entertaining well written book that will have me looking for more from Melissa Hill. I so loved the concept of the mixed~up packages and the way so many lives were affected by a simple mistake. And, of course, what woman wouldn't want to receive that signature blue box under the tree for Christmas?!?! I definitely will be hoping to find one under my tree on Christmas morning!! lol ;)   3 out of 5 rating!!

***Copy obtained per St. Martin's Press~Thank you so much!! 

              

  


No comments:

Post a Comment