Friday, June 20, 2014

Review: Better When He's Bad by Jay Crownover...5 out of 5 rating...




Better When He's Bad (Welcome to the Point, #1)Better When He's Bad by Jay Crownover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was my first read from Jay Crownover and I'm now a HUGE fan!!

It feels wrong to me to say how much I loved this book because Bax and Dovie definitely did not have it easy. They each lived a crap life and had to struggle for everything they had. Dovie's life was tough but she was so sweet and loving and strong. She was determined to make a difference with her life and help others in the same situation. I loved how Bax found his peace in Dovie and how he was able to see the things that happened to him a little differently. Although I could totally understand his feelings toward Race and Titus and their roles in sending him to jail. Bax was so protective of Dovie and was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for her. I loved that Bax didn't really say a whole lot but the things he did say to her especially near the end had me sighing!!

I really liked Titus and am hoping he gets his own book and of course I cannot wait to see what happens with Race. I am definitely hooked on this series.

The sex about steamed my panties right off!! ;)

Just loved Dovie and Bax together so much and wanted them to get their HEA. It was HEA that worked for them and I loved every second of it. I loved that Dovie accepted Bax for who he was and that Bax tried to be better but ultimately the whole of him didn't change. He was better but he was still Bax and still badass. And I wouldn't have wanted it any other way!!

Great read and I am so looking forward to more.

BLURB:
Welcome to the Point

There’s a difference between a bad boy and a boy who’s bad . . . meet Shane Baxter.

Sexy, dark, and dangerous, Bax isn’t just from the wrong side of the tracks, he is the wrong side of the tracks. A criminal, a thug, and a brawler, he’s the master of bad choices, until one such choice landed him in prison for five years. Now Bax is out and looking for answers, and he doesn’t care what he has to do or who he has to hurt to get them. But there’s a new player in the game, and she’s much too innocent, much too soft…and standing directly in his way.

Dovie Pryce knows all about living a hard life and the tough choices that come with it. She’s always tried to be good, tried to help others, and tried not to let the darkness pull her down. But the streets are fighting back, things have gone from bad to worse, and the only person who can help her is the scariest, sexiest, most complicated ex-con The Point has ever produced.

Bax terrifies her, but it doesn’t take Dovie long to realize that some boys are just better when they’re bad.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment