Monday, January 21, 2013

Reviewed: Jared by Teresa Gabelman...BEST OF THE BEST RATING...


Book #2
Jared (The Protectors, #2)
The VC Warriors are an elite group of vampire who protect innocents, whether human or those of their own race. Jared Kincaid, along with other Warriors, are shocked when a fiery red head with a gun and attitude, bring news of young teens being turned into an army of half-breed vampires capable of taking out all VC Warriors.

Breaking into the famed VC Warriors compound was definitely not the smartest thing Tessa Pride has ever done, but she will do anything for her brother, Adam. The Warriors held the one person she knew was responsible for her brother being turned into a half-breed and nothing will stop her from getting what she needs to help her brother, not even a Warrior whose eyes could make her melt with one look.

Jared and Tessa join forces in a desperate scramble to find who is responsible. With a war between Warriors and half-breeds brewing, suspicions of traitors in their midst put the lives of everyone involved on the line.
I am such a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of Teresa Gabelman and this series!! I could just hug her for writing Jared!!! lol  I have LOVED LOVED LOVED Jared from the start and have been not so patiently waiting for his book. I was so happy that his character was the same as she wrote him in Damon. Teresa didn't stray from the core of his character but added to him and I fell in love with his character even more. I hate when secondary characters get their own books and then the author writes them totally different or gives them a story line that changes what I loved about them in the first place. One of the things that I LOVED about Jared from the beginning was his playfulness, humor and charm and that was exactly how he was written in his book. So much fun and I thank Teresa for writing him this way!! 

Not only is this my favorite book of the series so far but it is definitely one of my favorite books period!! So well written and entertaining. Everything that I look for in a read. I cannot wait for Duncan, Sid, Pam and Adam to get their books. I also loved Nicole and Damon in this book so much!! They had some great scenes and that had me going back and rereading their book!! lol I love how Nicole was with Damon. Oh...I was so not expecting Pam's story line and it broke my heart~can't wait to see what happens with her. Steve was another character that was so funny. 

Oh...I LOVED Tessa and Adam. Such great characters. I loved how they looked out for each other and their grandfather. Tessa is definitely one of my favorite heroines. The things she said cracked me up~I LOVED how she interacted with Jared!! Oh...I loved how they first met!! So good!! I just loved her and Jared so much. I loved how they teased each other. Such a fun couple. And the sex was definitely HOT!! One of my favorite scenes is when Jared is driving the mustang and another is when Tessa is confronted by the old man in the nursing home about the condoms!!! SO FREAKING FUNNY!!! Jared *sigh*

Jared is definitely a perfect example of why I love to read. SO FREAKING AWESOME!! It is these rare books by authors that are truly gifted in telling a story that just blow me away and leave me wanting more. These characters and stories grab hold and dig in and don't let go till long after the story is over. Teresa is definitely one of these authors and I am so glad that I was introduced to her and her writing.

Not only is this in my keeper pile to be reread but I definitely have to get it in paperback also!! :)  Love this cover!!

BEST OF THE BEST RATING!!!

***ARC provided by Teresa Gabelman~Thank you so much!! :) 

        

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I laughed so hard during the driver license scene and old man with the condoms scene! Pam and Duncan broke my heart and look forward to their story. Loved Jared and how his personaliy was the same from Damon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! Those were my favorite scenes too!! This book made me laugh so much and I just loved it!! Oh..Pam and Duncan..I can't wait for their book~going to be sooo good!! :)

      Delete