Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Reviewed: After The Storm by Amy Knupp...4 out of 5 rating...



After the Storm
With a hurricane heading for the Texas coast, Nadia Hamlin needs to evacuate. Now. Before she can leave, however, there's one more thing she has to do—despite the risk. But that delay lands her trapped in her car in the middle of the storm. Fortunately, firefighter Penn Griffin arrives. Unfortunately, her good-looking rescuer suffers a career-ending injury in the process.The only way Nadia can think to make amends is to help Penn get back on his feet. Even if he doesn't want anything to do with her, she won't give up. Her determination has an unexpected impact. Because soon he can't seem to get enough of her.
After The Storm was a little different than I thought it was going to be but I really enjoyed it. I was captured instantly by the well written story and lovable characters. 

Wow....Penn really knew how to hold a grudge against Nadia~I understood it but still. Yikes!! lol  I think that Nadia should have stood up for herself way before she did. Penn slowly progressed through the story but he still struggled with the outcome of his injury and Nadia's roll in it. He was still dealing with these issues at the close of the book. This is what made the story and characters more "real" to me because even though there was a HEA, everything wasn't perfect and resolved in a pretty little package. Loved that. I just wish that there was an epilogue~hopefully they will return in future books in the series. 

LOVED Cooper and Zoe~so stinking cute!!! I am crossing my fingers that they get their own book. Oh...Joe and Faith *sigh* It was so great to read about them again and see how their relationship was progressing. They are my favorite couple in this series. LOVED their little story in this book~so sweet!! I am definitely hoping for more of them in the series. 

When I first started reading After The Storm, I was immediately drawn to Joe and Faith. I hadn't realized that I had already read their book last year (Burning Ambition) until I looked the series up searching for their book. I was so excited to learn it was them because their book was my favorite and I so wanted more. Now I want to go back and re~read their story from the beginning. lol 

After The Storm is filled with all my favorite things. Love, laughter, tears, a broken~injured~sexy~firefighting~hero with a HUGE chip on his shoulder, a sweet~workaholic~guilt ridden~heroine, other sexy firefighters, angst, conflict, a little bit of sexing and a HEA. See all good!! :)  I would definitely recommend this cute but emotional read. 4 out of 5 rating. 

***ARC provided by NetGalley and Harlequin~Thank you so much!! :)

          

  


Playing with FireA Little Consequence (Harlequin Super Romance (Larger Print))Fully InvolvedBurning AmbitionIsland Haven


No comments:

Post a Comment